TOKYO, April 28 (Reuters) - Japanese textile maker Toray Industries said on Wednesday it and German carmaker Daimler AG will jointly develop carbon fibre car parts, which will be used in Daimler's Mercedes-Benz cars starting in 2012. Toray and Daimler will develop reinforced plastic materials by using the carbon fibre produced at Toray's plant in France, Toray spokesman Yoshitaka Yamagata said. (Reporting by Yumiko Nishitani)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toray to develop carbon fibre car parts with Daimler" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.