* Toshiba to build drive motors for Ford hybrids in U.S. * First time company has made units outside Japan DETROIT, June 22 (Reuters) - Japanese electronics conglomerate Toshiba Corp said on Tuesday that it will begin producing drive motors for hybrid vehicles for Ford Motor Co . The company said it would produce the automotive propulsion units at an existing facility in Houston, Texas -- the first time it has manufactured the units outside Japan. Toshiba said it would need to expand ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toshiba to build drive motors for hybrids in Houston" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642