By Kentaro Hamada KASHIWAZAKI, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Japan's Toshiba Corp said on Wednesday it is aiming for a more than 10 percent share of the rechargeable battery market in five years, eyeing a sizable chunk of the surging but competitive sector. Appetite for batteries to power hybrid, plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles is growing rapidly worldwide, and Toshiba has made the business one of its focus areas to help boost the company's growth and weather the impact of volatile prices for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toshiba eyes over 10 pct of lithium-ion battery mkt" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.