* Toyota hopes inventory will normalize by end of March * Toyota adds shift after truck sales exceeded estimates * Tacoma truck has 40-day supply, short of 70-day target By Jim Forsyth SAN ANTONIO, Texas, Jan 17 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp will add Saturday shifts at its pickup truck factory in San Antonio over the next three months to boost dealer inventories still-depleted after last year's earthquake in Japan. The Texas plant will be open on Jan. 21 and other Saturday shifts will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota adds shifts at truck plant to boost output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.