TOKYO, Dec 22 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp unveiled the newest version of its flagship Crown luxury car on Monday, with hopes of kickstarting the sluggish Japanese sedan market and grabbing sales away from dominant European brands. "The Crown has a very special place in Toyota's branding and history," President Fujio Cho said at the unveiling, standing in front of a display of the original 1955 model. "We want to reverse the slide in sedan sales and the dominance of European brands in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota aims to beef up sedan sales with new Crown" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642