TOKYO, March 29 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. aims to produce 9.7 million vehicles globally in 2008, raising the possibility that it may overtake General Motors Corp. as the world's largest auto maker that year, a newspaper said. The Toyota Motor group, including Daihatsu Motor Co. Ltd. and Hino Motors Ltd. , recently revised its production target for 2008 under a mid-term business plan, the Asahi Shimbun reported on Tuesday. Toyota produced 7.54 million vehicles in 2004, while GM made ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota aims to make 9.7 mln vehicles in '08-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.