TOKYO, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp will boost production capacity for its Lexus luxury cars in Japan by about 35 percent in 2009 to meet growing demand in emerging countries such as Russia and China, the Nikkei business daily reported on Wednesday. Japan's largest automaker will increase annual output capacity to about 850,000 units in 2009 by adding equipment at two domestic plants, the newspaper said. The two plants in Aichi Prefecture and Fukuoka Prefecture currently have a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to boost production of Lexus cars - Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.