TOKYO, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp , the world's second-largest auto maker, said on Tuesday it would spend 180 million euros ($224 million) to boost annual output capacity at its plant in Turkey by 50 percent to 150,000 units by March. With the new capacity, the Adapazari plant will produce the new seven-seater Corolla Verso multi-purpose vehicle (MPV), to be exported to 15 European countries and South Africa from May. Toyota expects to sell 62,000 of the cars in Europe this year. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to boost Turkey capacity for 180 mln euros" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.