By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent NAGOYA, Japan, May 26 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp aims to oust its German rivals as the top sellers of luxury cars in Japan with plans to bring its Lexus brand, already the top U.S. luxury car, to Japanese drivers next year. With a 43 percent share of Japan's car market, the world's second largest, Toyota is by far the dominant force on its home turf, but it has lagged in the luxury sector. The world's number-two auto maker said on Wednesday ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to bring Lexus to Japan in luxury car drive" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642