TOKYO, May 26 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. plans to build a third auto plant in Tianjin, China with annual capacity of 200,000 units, the Asahi Shimbun daily reported. Construction will begin by the end of the year, with operations set to begin in 2007, the report said. The factory, Toyota's fifth assembly plant in China, will raise its annual output capacity in the country, including that of a Guangzhou plant to start production in 2006, to more than 500,000 units from about 230,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to build 3rd plant in China's Tianjin-report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.