TOKYO, July 13 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp said on Wednesday it would buy out the remainder of Toyota Auto Body and Kanto Auto Works it does not already own through share swaps on Jan. 1 next year. The automaker also said it agreed to start talks to merge Kanto Auto Works, Central Motor and Toyota Motor Tohoku Corp with a target date of July next year. Toyota currently owns 56.3 percent of Toyota Auto Body and 50.4 percent of Kanto Auto Works. (Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to buy out Toyota Auto Body, Kanto Auto Works units" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.