HOUSTON, July 24 (Reuters) - With an eye on the huge potential market in China, the U.S. arm of Japanese carmaker Toyota Motor Corp. on Thursday signed an agreement to put its name on a new arena for the NBA's Houston Rockets. The Rockets are led by Chinese basketball star Yao Ming, whose games are beamed to Chinese television. Chinese viewers now will hear repeatedly that the 7-foot, 5-inch (226-cm) Yao is playing in Toyota Center. Toyota spokeswoman Jessica Chapman said the Yao ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota buys Texas arena name with eye toward China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.