TOKYO, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp.'s car assembly unit, Toyota Auto Body Co. Ltd. , said on Tuesday it has suspended operations at its main plant in central Japan after a fire. The fire, which started around 6 p.m. on Monday and was extinguished about four hours later, damaged a part of the production facilities but there were no injuries, the company said. A spokeswoman added that the company will announce later in the day the extent of damage to the plant, located in Aichi ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota car plant operations halted after fire" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642