KOLIN, Czech Republic, May 31 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. hopes to increase its European sales by almost 50 percent in the next five years, company President Fujio Cho said on Tuesday. Speaking at the official opening a Toyota's new joint plant with PSA Peugeot Citroen , Cho said Toyota and its luxury Lexus brand sold 276,128 cars in Europe in the first four months of the year. This gave the firm, Japan's top auto maker and the world motor industry's No.2, a 5.4 percent market share, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota chief sees Europe sales up 50 pct by 2010" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.