TOKYO, July 28 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp will spend 20 billion to 30 billion yen ($260-$390 million) to boost engine output capacity in China by 30 percent to 1.3 million units a year in 2013, Japan's Nikkan Kogyo industrial daily reported on Thursday. The capacity will be added at Toyota's existing engine plants in China, operated in joint ventures with local partners FAW Group and Guangzhou Automobile Group , the paper said. The new engines will be mounted on smaller cars, with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to up China engine capacity 30 pct by 2013-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.