TOKYO, July 28 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp on Monday cut its 2008 global sales forecast to 9.5 million vehicles from the 9.85 million it projected at the end of last year due to a pronounced downturn in the U.S. market. The revision had been expected after several media reported such a cut was likely due also to weaker-than-expected demand in Western Europe. The forecast includes sales at truck and minivehicles subsidiaries Hino Motors Ltd and minivehicle maker Daihatsu Motor Co . In ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota cuts 2008 global sales goal to 9.5 mln units" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.