* 1st new Toyota group factory in Japan in 18 years * New plant uses manufacturing innovations to cut costs * Toyota aims to innovate in Japan, employ in overseas plants By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia autos correspondent OHIRA VILLAGE, Japan, Feb 16 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor inaugurated its first new factory in Japan in nearly two decades on Wednesday, betting that advanced, low-cost Japanese production techniques can prevail even as a strong yen drives many manufacturers abroad. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota, defying strong yen, opens new Japan plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642