DETROIT, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. will double the number of Prius hybrid gas-electric cars that it sends to the U.S. market to 100,000 units annually next year, the Japanese automaker said on Thursday. Demand for the Japan-made Prius sedan that can get up to 55 miles per gallon has exceeded supply, with buyers in some parts of the United States waiting up to six months for their cars to arrive. With global supply for the model also falling far short of orders, Japan's top ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota doubles Prius hybrid car shipments to U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.