BOMBAY, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Japanese car maker Toyota Motor Co. is examining the launch of compact cars in India, a top company official said on Thursday. "We are positively studying the potential and possibilities of introducing compact cars," Fujio Cho, president of Toyota Motor, told reporters at the launch of Innova cars. He said the company aimed to snatch a 10 percent market share in India by 2010.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota examining launch of compact cars in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.