TOKYO, Aug 29 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp and China's biggest auto group, First Automotive Works (FAW), said on Thursday they had signed a pact to collaborate on production of luxury sedans, minivehicles and sport-utility vehicles in China. Toyota, Japan's largest automaker, and FAW said in a joint statement that they would aim for production and sales of 300,000 to 400,000 vehicles a year in the fast-growing Chinese market by 2010. The announcement had been expected, as Japanese media ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota, FAW to build luxury sedans in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.