TOKYO, Nov 24 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp said on Tuesday it had received about 14,000 orders for the new SAI hybrid sedan to go on sale in Japan on Dec. 7, or roughly five times its monthly sales target of 3,000 units. The world's biggest automaker said in a statement the high-end car's fuel economy, comparable to a compact car, and tax incentives worth up to 280,000 yen ($3,150) were behind the strong interest. Toyota unveiled the SAI, the brand's second dedicated hybrid car, on Oct. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota gets 14,000 pre-sale orders for SAI hybrid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.