TOKYO, March 28 (Reuters) - An unlisted firm belonging to the Toyota group has increased its stake in Toyota Industries Corp. , an affiliate of Toyota Motor Corp. , to defend the group against hostile takeovers, the Nihon Keizai newspaper said on Tuesday. Toyota Industries' shares rose by 3.2 percent to 4,790 yen in heavy morning trade, bucking the main Nikkei average's 0.57 percent fall. Toyota Industries, the 80-year-old textile-machinery maker from which Toyota Motor was spun off, was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota group ups affiliate stake for defence-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.