GUANGZHOU, China, July 23 (Reuters) - Japan's largest carmaker Toyota Motor Corp and Guangzhou Automobile Industry Group plan to form a joint venture to manufacture sedans in Guangzhou, the southern Chinese city's executive vice mayor told Reuters on Wednesday. Lin Yuan He, who is responsible for industrial development in the city, said the tie-up was subject to approval from authorities in Beijing. "The negotiations have been proceeding very smoothly, and construction can start right ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota, Guangzhou Auto close to China sedan JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.