TOKYO, Aug 30 (Reuters) - The head of Toyota Motor Corp , the world's biggest automaker, said on Thursday that he expected his company's sales in the United States in August to outperform the overall market. "July was a bit weak due to various factors including subprime loan problems and high oil prices," President Katsuaki Watanabe told a news conference to introduce the new Vanguard sport utility vehicle. But he added that U.S. economic fundamentals were strong and that Toyota's U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota head says expects strong US sales in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642