By Edwina Gibbs TOKYO, May 23 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp.'s first Chinese-built Camry sedan rolled off assembly lines on Tuesday -- a car that represents the start of a second and somewhat flashier sales channel for the auto maker in China. It is also an important milestone in terms of volume growth for Toyota that help puts it on an equal footing in China with rival Japanese auto makers. "We have come to the same level as Nissan and Honda...in terms of volume, quality and overall ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota heads down new road in China with Camry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.