TOKYO, Feb 29 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp said on Wednesday it was expanding engine production capacity at its Siam Toyota plant in Thailand by 100,000 engines per year to 840,000 engines to meet rising demand in southeast Asia. The production capacity increase, to be done by 2014, will be for "ZR" engines used in Corolla sedans. ($1 = 80.5150 Japanese yen) (Reporting by Mayumi Negishi, James Topham; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to lift Corolla engine output in Thailand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.