ST PETERSBURG, Russia, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Japan's top automaker, Toyota Motor Corp , will open its first plant in Russia on Friday, aiming to produce 50,000 Camry sedans annually, the company said in a statement. The $121 million plant, which is also Russia's first to produce premium-class cars, is expected to increase output to 200,000 per year at a later stage. Russian president Vladimir Putin and Economy Minister Elvira Nabiullina are expected to attend the opening ceremony in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota opens first plant in Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642