TOKYO, Dec 18 (Reuters) - The Toyota Motor Corp. group, including units Daihatsu Motor Co. and Hino Motors Ltd. , plans to build 9.45 million vehicles worldwide next year, boosting production by 400,000 units from plans for 2006, the Nihon Keizai Shimbun said on Monday. Japan's top auto maker, which ranks second in the world in unit sales behind General Motors Corp. , has been growing rapidly in North America and Europe, announcing plans to expand or add new factories from China to Canada. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota plans '07 global output 9.45 mln units-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.