TOKYO, Jan 20 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. , the world's second-largest auto maker, plans to have 1,000 sales outlets in China by 2010, aiming to expand its share of a growing market, the Yomiuri daily reported on Thursday. The paper said the company had 140 outlets at the end of 2003. A Toyota spokeswoman said the firm was verifying the report. Toyota wants to expand its China sales network quickly to catch up with German car maker Volkswagen AG , which has 1,010 outlets, so that it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota plans 1,000 outlets in China by 2010-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.