TOKYO, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp has indicated to its main parts makers that it plans to halt car production in China during October as rising anti-Japan sentiment in the country hurts demand, the Asahi newspaper reported on Wednesday. Toyota will also halt all vehicle exports to China from Japan, the paper said, without citing its sources. A Toyota spokesman in Tokyo could not immediately confirm the report. Separately, Nissan Motor ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota plans to produce no cars in China in Oct -paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.