TOKYO, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp said on Tuesday its first plug-in hybrid car, the Prius PHV, would be priced from 3.20 million yen ($41,000) in Japan. The price is higher than Toyota had previously flagged for the car, which it said two years ago it would likely sell for under 3 million yen. Toyota said it aims to sell 35,000-40,000 of the cars in Japan annually. ($1 = 78.1200 Japanese yen) (Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim; Editing by Michael Watson)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota: Prius PHV to sell for $41,000 in Japan Jan 30" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.