TOKYO, May 21 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp , the world's third-largest automaker, plans to recall 724,419 cars in Japan spanning nine models including the popular Crown due to a gearbox glitch that could cause steering problems. Toyota did not disclose the estimated cost of the recall. There has been no report of any accident from the defect, a Toyota spokeswoman said. She added that the recall resulted from two customer complaints that the steering wheel was making an unusual noise. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to recall over 720,000 cars in Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642