WASHINGTON, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. , which announced on Tuesday it would build a light truck plant in Mississippi, said demand would determine future expansion in North America. Jim Press, president of the automaker's North American division, did not rule out additional assembly and engine plants in the near future. But he told reporters the company would follow past practice and likely expand at current and planned operations before considering new facilities. Toyota ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota says demand to shape future U.S. growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.