TOKYO, July 28 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp said on Monday it would more than double its stake in unlisted Central Motor Co to make it a wholly owned subsidiary through a share exchange in October. Toyota, the world's biggest automaker, now owns 48 percent of Central Motor, which has four factories in Japan to assemble Toyota cars including the Corolla and the Yaris. Two other Toyota affiliates, Kanto Auto Works Ltd and Toyota Auto Body Co , own 20 percent and 9 percent, respectively. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota says to make Central Motor wholly owned unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.