TOYOTA CITY, Japan, June 22 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. on Friday named Akio Toyoda, a member of the founding family, to oversee the flagging domestic market, and shareholders approved the election of the carmaker's first non-Japanese member to its board. The son of honorary chairman Shoichiro Toyoda, Akio is rumoured to be groomed as a future president, having undertaken a broad range of stints including China. The 51-year-old was previously executive vice president in charge of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota scion to head Japan; first foreigner on board" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.