By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent NAGOYA, Japan, March 30 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp , the world's No.2 auto maker, said it expected its production of biodegradable plastics to grow into a four trillion yen ($38 billion) business by 2020 when the company hopes to control two-thirds of the world's supply. "We are one of the world's two major players in this field along with Cargill Dow (of the United States)," Kozaburo Tsukishima, general manager of Toyota's biotechnology and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota sees $38 bln sales potential in bioplastics" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642