TOKYO, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp will procure 660cc minivehicles from unit Daihatsu Motor Co and sell them under its own brand in Japan, the Nikkei business daily reported in its Tuesday evening edition. Model types and sales volumes will be decided later, the paper said, without citing its sources. Minivehicles with engine displacements of 660cc are unique to Japan, where they make up about one-third of vehicle sales thanks to preferential tax treatment. (Reporting by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to sell Daihatsu-made minivehicles - Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.