TOKYO, Aug 25 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. took a big step on Wednesday towards its goal of creating a global production and supply network by launching a new pickup truck in Thailand, the first model built under the ambitious project. The pickup, called Hilux VIGO, is the first of five models to be developed under the so-called IMV (Innovative International Multipurpose Vehicles) Project, which aims to build vehicles for regions other than Japan and North America by efficiently drawing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota sells 1st model under global vehicle project" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642