By Tiffany Wu SHANGHAI, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Germany's Volkswagen AG faces a fierce challenge to its almost 20-year rule over China's auto market after Toyota Motor Corp announced plans to launch its first China-made car in October. The new rivalry for Volkswagen, which sells one in two of the country's cars, comes after Toyota agreed on Thursday with China's top auto firm, FAW, to build 300,000 to 400,000 cars by 2010. "Toyota will definitely put pressure on Volkswagen, General Motors ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota set to challenge VW's dominance in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.