FRANKFURT, Nov 24 (Reuters) - Toyota will invest 265 million euros ($354 million) in Europe to build the next generation of its Auris compact hatchback in the UK and a compact saloon in Turkey, adding up to 1,900 new jobs in total. "This announcement ... is in line with our plan to increase local production for cars sold in Europe," Didier Leroy, President and CEO of Toyota Motor Europe, said in a statement on Thursday. The Japanese carmaker, which is suffering under a strong yen, wants to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota shifts volumes to Europe amid strong yen" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642