NEW YORK, Sept 26 (Reuters) - For the first time in 10 years, Toyota Motor Corp. plans to shut down a line at one of its old domestic plants and shift production to another facility to boost efficiency, the Nihon Keizai Shimbun's online Friday edition said. Toyota will shift production of the Prius hybrid model from its Motomachi plant in Aichi Prefecture to another plant by the middle of next year when it goes through a complete make-over, the report said. The vehicle will be built in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to shut domestic line, first in decade-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642