TOKYO, Dec 28 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. said on Thursday it will start building the Yaris subcompact, the smallest car in its product line-up, at a joint venture plant it owns with Guangzhou Automobile Group in China in mid-2008. The Yaris, called Vitz in Japan, will be the second model to be produced at the 200,000 units-a-year plant in southern China, which began building the Camry sedan this May. The world's second-largest auto maker said it would boost its capital in the joint ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to start producing Yaris car at China plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642