BANGKOK, April 27 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp., the world's No.2 auto maker, announced a $456 million expansion of its Thai car and truck production operations on Wednesday, including a new plant to produce 100,000 Hilux Vigo trucks a year by early 2007. The new factory, its third in Thailand, will cost around 15 billion baht ($380 million) and will be built in the outskirts of the capital, Toyota said in a statement. It will employ 2,000 people. As part of its plans to make Thailand a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota unveils $456 mln Thai expansion plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642