By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia autos correspondent TOYOTA CITY, Japan, March 30 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp , reeling from a recall crisis, launched a task force on Tuesday aimed at regaining consumer trust and pledged to give more clout to its regional operations to speed up decisions on quality issues. Toyota President Akio Toyoda, who was criticised for not acting quickly enough when the automaker's safety issues first came to light earlier this year, convened a 50-member committee on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota vows change as quality control panel meets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.