TOKYO, April 24 (Reuters) - Top Japanese carmaker Toyota Motor Corp plans to withdraw most of its Japanese staff and their families from Beijing due to fears about the spread of the SARS virus in China, Kyodo news agency said on Thursday. Toyota will keep one executive in Beijing after the pullout, expected as early as Thursday, Kyodo quoted sources familiar with the matter as saying, adding that the firm had more than 20 Japanese employees with around 80 family members in Beijing. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to withdraw Beijing staff due to SARS-Kyodo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.