(For more on Toyota's recall problems, click on [ID:nN27231388]) * Waxman says legislation likely necessary * Industry watching Toyota developments closely * US will 'get into the weeds on electronics' -LaHood By John Crawley WASHINGTON, Feb 23 (Reuters) - Recalls and other safety questions engulfing Toyota Motor Corp could prompt Congress to strengthen U.S. government tools for overseeing the industry, a senior lawmaker said on Tuesday. Henry Waxman, chairman of the House of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota woes could lead to stronger US oversight" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.