TOKYO, July 30 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp is developing a new low-cost car to attack fast-growing markets such as China and Southeast Asia, targeting a 2012 launch and a price under 1 million yen ($11,520), Japan's Chunichi Shimbun newspaper reported. The compact car will be based on its Vios and Vitz/Yaris subcompact models, and Toyota is aiming to slash production costs by 30-40 percent by procuring more parts locally, the paper said. Toyota's minivehicle unit, Daihatsu Motor Co , ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota working on new car for emerging markets-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642