ISTANBUL, May 21 (Reuters) - Turkish automobile manufacturer Karsan said on Monday it would produce an additional 20,000 taxi cabs annually for export to Canada and the United States in a 10-year deal starting in 2009. The deal, for which a memorandum of understanding has been signed, would bring an average $400 million in additional sales per year, the company said in a statement to the stock exchange.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Turk Karsan signs taxi deal worth $400 mln a year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.