ISTANBUL, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Turkish car company Tofas plans to increase production by around 65 percent in 2008 to 350,000-360,000 units, CEO Ali Pandir said on Tuesday. He also told reporters domestic sales would rise 15 percent to 90,000 units. The firm -- a joint venture of Italy's Fiat and Turkish conglomerate Koc Holding -- would increase spending on research and development by 35 percent to 234 million lira ($196.6 million), Pandir said. (Reporting by Tolgahan Ozkan)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Turkish Tofas says to up production 65 pct in 08" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.