DETROIT, Sept 28 (Reuters) - The United Auto Workers union's unit leaders on Friday unanimously approved General Motors Corp's proposed four-year labor contract that includes a signing bonus and a new round of voluntary buyouts for the automaker's workers. "It was unanimously supported," a source familiar with the contract said. The proposed contract, which has to be ratified by a majority of GM's 73,000 workers, includes a $3,000 signing bonus, a health-care trust fund to reduce the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAW local unit leaders approve new GM deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.